The other day I was going to grill some fish in banana leaves. I didn’t really know what I was going to do at first with the flavor but after staring blankly at the wall for a bit, I opted for the Thai route. I came up with an easy coconut curry sauce that I would use to marinate the fish and then use as an accompaniment to some sort of rice and veggie. Simple, easy, flavorful. All the things we need in a good recipe!
Then, while in the middle of blending the curry sauce, I completely changed my mind and opted for a Thai noodle stir-fry. The curry sauce was going to be perfect for it and I also had a big day of training coming up, so it seemed like a no brainer. I think one of the great things about this recipe is that you can easily substitute marinating the fish with tofu and grill on it’s own… Or you could just go completely vegetable which is still pretty good!
Vegetable Thai Noodle Stir-fry
- 1 package of rice noodles
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup juliened carrots
- 2 baby endives
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 6 ounce can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 serrano chili
- 1 tablespoon of good curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sirarcha (optional)
- Soak the rice noodles for 20 minutes it really hot water. The run with cold water.
- Take the all the ingredients for the sauce and puree in a food processor. Once blended taste and adjust seasonings by adding more curry, sirarcha or even fish sauce.
- If you are going to use a protein like tofu or fish, cover the fish with some of the sauce and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Slice the red onion and red bell pepper. heat a large skillet or wok to high. Add in the coconut oil. Saute the endives, onions, bell peppers, and carrots for about 5 minutes or until the veggies are tender. Add in the noodles and coat with the sauce. Keep adding a bit more sauce in as you are mixing the vegetables. Once you get the flavor you want, add in some chopped cilantro and peanuts.
- Garnish with some chopped green onions
Dairy Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free, No Sugar Added