Spinach Roll Ups
I swear, every time I make something like this spinach roll up I forget to take pictures and write about. I think because it’s just so simple – but, I need to share more of these types of recipes with you all because simple, easy, fast and delicious is in high demand! I made these Greek inspired spinach roll ups this past week for a Halloween party. (I also made this really good broccoli slaw/salad too). Anywho – I somehow managed to to remember to take some photos for it 🙂
These things are great as a quick snack after training if left in the fridge for up to 3 days. Also great for party’s like the one I took it too, potlucks, tailgating, car trips, camping —- getting the picture yet?!?!
Quick Tip: Use whipped cream cheese when mixing with the spinach. Makes it soooo much easier! And if you aren’t a fan of even just one tablespoon of mayo, use my recipe for a spinach and ricotta spread to put inside.
Enjoy and remember to Pin for later!
Sign up to get the best recipes, tips & test kitchen advice delivered to your inbox weekly.
Greek Inspired Spinach Roll Ups
- 12 ounces of fresh spinach - one of those big containers or 1 cup of thawed, drained, frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- Dash of garlic powder and onion powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 large burrito wraps
- + a bit of extra sour cream to help bind
- Heat some water to a boil with your double steamer. In batches, wilt the spinach and then place on some paper towels. Throw in the the freezer to help cool it down.
- While the spinach is cooling, dice the red bell pepper.
- Now mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and mayo. Set aside.
- Take the spinach out of the freezer and squeeze all of the excess water out of it. Mix in with the cream cheese mixture. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Spread over all three burrito wraps. Then sprinkle with bell pepper. Roll tight and then use some cream cheese as a glue of sorts to bind it together.
- Wrap and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours or up to overnight. Take and slice with a bread knife or a super sharp chef knife.