Smoked Salmon Bagel
Yesterday I made a super easy and delicious smoked salmon tartare so that I could make all types of yummy things with it for a few days. The first thing on the ticket was a smoked salmon tartare bagel sandwich. Why? Because it was after 12 by the time I was done and I was hungry and I needed the carbs from the bagel for my afternoon MTB ride. That simple :).
One of my favorite things about this smoked salmon bagel is it’s versatility which is very important for busy athletes. It’s easily a recovery meal since the salmon alone packs 11 grams of protein it and the everything bagel gives you quick carbs. It makes it great for breakfast after a run or swim and sometimes a bike if it’s a trainer morning. Or you could easily pack it away and take to work for lunch. Most places have fridges for employees and toaster ovens in the common rooms. Finally, it can make a great post-workout, recovery dinner late at night. I know sometimes I’m not rolling into the house till after 8pm or sometimes 9pm during the summer months.
Oh – and I almost forgot to mention it’s portable!!!
Quick Tip: If you don’t want to make the salmon tartare, you could easily make this sandwich deconstructed. Go take a look at this lox bagel I made a few years ago.
Get the best recipes, tips & test kitchen advice delivered to your inbox weekly.
Smoked Salmon Tartare Bagel Sandwich
- 4 ounces of salmon tartare or just smoked salmon if you want a deconstructed sandwich
- 3-4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 small tomatoes or 1 large
- 2 everything bagels or whatever you like
- Lettuce (optional)
- Start with slicing the bagel and toasting.
- While it's toasting, either quickly make the salmon tartare (recipe on site) or get the ingredients together to make it deconstructed. Slice the tomato.
- Once the bagel is toasted to your liking, smear with cream cheese, then add about 1/4 cup/2 ounces of salmon tartare to the bagel and the tomato.
Pescatarian, Egg Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Shellfish Free, Pork Free, Red Meat Free, Crustacean Free, Celery Free, Mustard Free, Sesame Free, Lupine Free, Mollusk Free, Alcohol Free, Kosher