Garlic Green Beans
I stumbled upon a similar recipe to this one while I was eating out at a tapas restaurant a few weeks ago. I didn’t order them but I did decide to use the description as a guide to making them on my own!
Why did I think that these would be great without even trying them? The menu description was green beans with roasted garlic, cotija cheese, mint and toasted pine nut. That’s how I just knew. I switched things up with the feta and mint, while not using any sort of nuts. Feta is more common in grocery stores and as much as a crunchy nut would be fantastic with this recipe, I felt that it wasn’t necessary to have the additional fat.
This recipe comes together very fast after you roast the garlic. A make ahead cooking tip with the garlic: it can roasted up to 5 days ahead and stored in the fridge.
Read More >>>
Roasted Garlic Green Beans with Feta & Mint
- 1 bag of green beans
- 1/2 head of roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh, chopped mint
- 2 tablespoon of crumbled feta
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the green beans in the microwave. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- While the green beans are microwaving, heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat. Squeeze out half of the roasted garlic into the pan with teaspoon of olive oil. (Reserve the other half of the garlic for smearing on bread)
- Mash down the garlic with the olive oil to form a rough paste. Once the beans are cooked, place in the pan with the garlic paste. Season with salt and coat. Once mixed well and heated all the way through, mix in the mint and feta. Serve immediately.
- Heat your oven to 400F.
- Take the head of garlic and slice the top off. Place on top of some aluminum foil. Pour some of the olive oil on top and then wrap tightly. Place in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. It's ready when it becomes a caramel color and is soft.