Homemade Granola Bars
I know how easy it is to grab a few boxes of granola bars when you are at the store. However, if you look at some of ingredients you’ll see a lot of them use corn syrup. Ugh!
I came up with this homemade granola bar recipe years ago so that I could control the ingredient list and save money. Think if this recipe as a base to future recipes. Once this one is conquered, you can start mixing things up.
Oh-So-Good Granola Bars
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup of quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup grape nuts
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey or brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 16 ounce package of mixed dried fruits
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a 8x8 pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix all other ingredients. If it's not as moist as you like, add a bit more honey and/or applesauce until you reach your desired consistency.
- Spread mixture evenly in the pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the sides are slightly brown.
- Lift out of the pan with the aluminum foil and let cool on a wired rack.
- When cooled, cut into 16 pieces.