Fudge is a decadent little desert that is not as hard to make as you would think. Trust me, I’m not a baker/desert maker and even I find these ridiculously easy to make. for starters, you don’t even have to the oven on. How great is that for your own homemade low fat fudge recipe?
A normal little piece of fudge can have up to 243 calories and 11.7 grams of fat. That’s a lot for a 1 inch square piece of fudge! I made a few changes to try and reduce the fat/calories without changing the decadent flavor of traditional fudge. This recipe comes in with 111 calories and 5.85 grams of fat per serving. This is a great dessert to bring to a holiday pot-luck for a bunch of athletes.
Related Recipe: Blueberry and Peach Crostada
Homemade Low Fat Fudge
- 2 cups of at least 60% cocoa chips
- 1 14 ounce can fat free condensed sweetened milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut and at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all the ingredients in a glass bowl. Place over some simmering water for about 10 minutes, melting the ingredients. It will be thick.
- Butter a 8x8 glass pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours until chilled and firm.
- Sprinkle with some finishing salt. I like to use Fleur de Lis or Australian Pink