Catering Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO YOUR MENUS WORK?
- Our Full-Service Catering Menu is designed for a more elegant setting in mind and contains pre-selected choices appropriate for virtually any occasion. The full-service catering menu requires on-site chef preparation.
- Our Simply Casual Menu is an a la carte, family style menu giving you the freedom to partially design your menu from the ground up.
- Please inquire with our staff of professional event planners to receive the current full-service or standard catering menu and note that any prices listed do not include staff, bar service, equipment, décor services or gratuity. These can vary greatly depending on the scope of your event.
WHY CAN’T I JUST PICK A PACKAGE WITH A SET COST PER GUEST? ISN’T THAT EASIER?
- While pre-set packages with an all-inclusive cost per guest can be easier for budgeting purposes, Susan’s Table prefers to customize each event we cater. We feel that every client deserves input on their menu and guest experience. No two events are ever the same, and we want your experience to be uniquely yours.
- Customizing your event also allows us to put your valuable budget to use in areas where it really counts, and makes it easier for you to see where your money is being spent. Simply put, without pre-set packages, we can stretch your budget further and give you control over your guests’ experience.
I’M HOSTING MY WEDDING/EVENT AT MY HOUSE, AND I LIKE TO GRILL – CAN YOU PROVIDE SIDE DISHES AND SERVING TRAYS?
- Of course! Our extensive selection of side dishes will perfectly complement virtually any main course. If necessary, we can also provide decorative serving platters, chafing dishes, and utensils for a small fee.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE MENU ITEMS IF I DON’T LIKE SOMETHING?
- For our à la carte menus, the choice is yours! If you would like to substitute items of higher cost like salmon for chicken in some cases, it will result in additional charges for the higher-priced item.
Please note: there will be no reduction in total cost of the overall menu.
DO YOU OFFER MENU TASTINGS?
- We offer complimentary tastings for up to two individuals with a signed contract. Tastings are conducted at our catering kitchen in Bend, OR and are by appointment only. Additional guests can be accommodated with advanced notice, for $10 per person.
- All tastings are limited to your proposed menu only, with an option for one additional item if requested in advance. If a menu item is not available, Elephants will make every effort to substitute a similar or suggested substitute.
- We do offer tastings without a signed contract at $150 for 4-6 items and 1 hour.
Please note: all menu tasting items are subject to ingredient availability, and may not be feasible outside of the seasonal menu’s time frame.
WHEN SHOULD WE DO A TASTING?
- Our menus are updated to take advantage of locally and seasonally available ingredients. We recommend, therefore, selecting a day reasonably close (30-45 days before) to your event date to increase the likelihood that particular menu items or ingredients are available.
DO YOU PROVIDE LINENS? HOW ABOUT DÉCOR AND FLOWERS?
- We carry a simple, stylish line of in-house linens for basic event needs, and routinely coordinate the rental of specialty and custom linens for our events. We work with numerous talented local vendors to arrange for specialty décor pieces, floral arrangements, lighting, draping and props.
DO YOU SELL AND SERVE ALCOHOL?
- Starting in 2019, Susan’s Table will be a fully OLCC licensed provider of beer, wine and spirits, and will happily provide and serve at your event. We will maintain a full selection of regional wine and beer, and specialize in creating custom-crafted cocktails as well.
CAN WE BRING OUR OWN ALCOHOL FOR YOU TO SERVE?
- Susan’s Table clients are free to provide their own alcohol for events. All events with client-provided alcohol must be pre-approved by the venue (unless it is a private residence), and may result in additional venue-specific insurance or fee requirements.
Please note: not all venues permit client-provided alcohol, and some carry restrictions on the types of alcohol allowed.
- If alcohol is provided by the client, Susan’s Table charges a per-bottle/drink corkage fee in addition to the per-guest bar setup fee. This covers the cost of bar equipment, insurance and standard mixers.
MY VENUE DOESN’T HAVE THE NECESSARY TABLES AND CHAIRS (OR ONES THAT I LIKE) – CAN YOU HELP?
- Susan’s Table works with the best in the event rental field, and can procure many styles of chairs, covers, couches, or lounge furniture. Just let us know what you’re looking for, and we will be happy to find it for you. If you are planning a wedding during the summer months, please let us know as soon as possible, as the most popular styles and colors may be in limited supply come spring.
CAN YOU DO DROP-OFF CATERING FOR MY EVENT?
- Susan’s Table Catering & Events specializes in drop-off catering for any event.
A few notes for clients considering drop-off catering:
- Drop-off catering is delivered fully prepared and ready-to-eat, so we recommend a delivery window as close as possible to meal time or an oven large enough to reheat with custom reheating instructions.
- Our dedicated staff is assigned a specified delivery window, any last minute changes cannot be guaranteed.
WHEN DO I SIGN A CONTRACT?
- A contract is best generated and signed when you formally reserve your event date. Menu particulars and event details can continue to be updated and modified throughout the event planning process, but only a signed contract and deposit will reserve your event date. Please note that summer, holiday, and weekend event dates book quickly, so a signed contract is best completed farther in advance.
WHEN DO YOU NEED MY FINAL GUEST COUNT?
- Your final guest count – not subject to reduction – is due five (5) business days prior to your event. Any increase in guest count beyond this date may incur additional charges, as menu ingredients are ordered specifically for your event.