Catering Frequently Asked Questions
DO YOU CATER WEDDINGS?
Yes! We love weddings and only commit to one custom wedding a weekend during the busy summer months. You can order from our menus online or we are always happy to create a custom menu with a beautiful onsite design. It’s something we are known for here in Bend.
HOW MUCH DO YOU CHARGE FOR STAFF?
- Our chef’s are $150 per hour. Our bartenders/servers are $30 per hour and our onsite event managers are $50 an hour
ARE WE ALLOWED TO MIX AND MATCH THE FOOD QUANTITIES FOR OUR EVENT?
- All items for the a la carte menu are for 16-20 people. We do not allow half orders for these menus. However, you can order as many different options as you want for each item.
I’M HOSTING MY WEDDING/EVENT AT MY HOUSE, AND I LIKE TO GRILL – CAN YOU PROVIDE SIDE DISHES AND SERVING TRAYS?
- Of course! Our selection of side dishes will complement virtually any main course. We do have a minimum order of $200 for side dishes.
DO YOU OFFER MENU TASTINGS FOR YOUR CUSTOM MENUS?
- We offer complimentary tastings for up to two individuals with a signed contract.
- All tastings are limited to your proposed menu only, with an option for one additional item if requested in advance. If a menu item is not available, Susan’s Table will make every effort to substitute a similar or suggested substitute.
- We do offer tastings without a signed contract. The cost is $200 for 4-6 items and 1 hour. This is on top of the custom menu design.
Please note: all menu tasting items are subject to ingredient availability, and may not be feasible outside of the seasonal menu’s time frame.
WHEN SHOULD WE DO A TASTING?
- We recommend a tasting 4-6 weeks from your date to try and ensure the menu items are in season.
DO YOU PROVIDE LINENS? HOW ABOUT DÉCOR AND FLOWERS?
- We do not provide linens, decor or flowers for events but can recommend several companies in town that do.
DO YOU SELL AND SERVE ALCOHOL?
- Susan’s Table is a fully OLCC licensed provider of beer, wine and spirits, and will happily provide and serve at your event. We will maintain a full selection of regional wine and beer, and specialize in creating custom-crafted cocktails as well.
CAN WE BRING OUR OWN ALCOHOL FOR YOU TO SERVE?
- Susan’s Table clients are free to provide their own alcohol for events. All events with client-provided alcohol must be pre-approved by the venue (unless it is a private residence), and may result in additional venue-specific insurance or fee requirements.
- If alcohol is provided by the client, Susan’s Table charges a per-bottle/drink corkage fee in addition to the per-guest bar setup fee. This covers the cost of bar equipment, insurance and standard mixers.
MY VENUE DOESN’T HAVE THE NECESSARY TABLES AND CHAIRS (OR ONES THAT I LIKE) – CAN YOU HELP?
- Susan’s Table does not supply rentals but we work with several rental companies in town that we can refer you to.
CAN YOU DO DROP-OFF CATERING FOR MY MY CUSTOM EVENT?
- Susan’s Table specializes in drop-off catering for any event. We just ask that all catering supplies are returned within 48 hours of your event.
A few notes for clients considering drop-off catering:
- Drop-off catering is delivered fully prepared and ready-to-eat, so we recommend a delivery window as close as possible to meal time or an oven large enough to reheat with custom reheating instructions.
- Our dedicated staff is assigned a specified delivery window, any last minute changes cannot be guaranteed.
WHEN DO I SIGN A CONTRACT?
- A contract is best generated and signed when you formally reserve your event date. Menu particulars and event details can continue to be updated and modified throughout the event planning process, but only a signed contract and deposit will reserve your event date. Please note that summer, holiday, and weekend event dates book quickly, so a signed contract is best completed farther in advance.
WHEN DO YOU NEED MY FINAL GUEST COUNT?
- Your final guest count – not subject to reduction – is due 10 days prior to your event. Any increase in guest count beyond this date may incur additional charges, as menu ingredients are ordered specifically for your event.