Banana Zucchini Bread
So what do you do as an athlete when you’ve got some over ripe bananas sitting on the kitchen counter and zucchini coming out of your ears from the summer garden?
You make banana zucchini bread!!!!
Much like the crispy zucchini chips I made the other week, it seems like every single person (especially from the south) has a zucchini bread recipe. And rightfully so because it’s sooooo good! It’s basically a spice cake that’s made extra moist with the zucchini. Yummy!!!
When it came to coming up with this recipe I was either going to have to go the banana bread flavor route or the spiced zucchini bread route. I went banana bread route. So this is really more of banana bread with an extra dose of moistness and nutrition from the zucchini. I don’t about you, but I don’t see anything wrong with that!
This is a super simple recipe but there is one thing you need to keep in mind – make sure the bananas are way over ripe. This will keep it from becoming a dense log, but will add even more moisture to the bread.
Banana Zucchini Bread with Pecans
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 over ripe bananas
- 1 large zucchini - about 1 1/2 cups grated
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Grate the zucchini and try to get as much of the moisture out of it as possible. I wrap in paper towels and squeeze.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and the wet separate bowls. I mash the banana in with the wet ingredients.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, the zucchini and the pecans. Mix together. It's going to seem a little dry at first, just keep mixing and it'll come together.
- Spray a 9 inch loaf pan or butter it and pour in the mixture. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
Kidney Friendly, Vegetarian, Pescatarian, Peanut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Pork Free, Red Meat Free, Crustacean Free, Celery Free, Mustard Free, Sesame Free, Lupine Free, Mollusk Free, Alcohol Free, Kosher