Food for performance is not he same as diet food. As a triathlete, cyclist or and endurance athlete, we are fueling for performance, not for weight loss when we are in racing season. This is why something so very un-diet like for most people, is the perfect meal for us to have before a 3-4 hour bike ride. Make sure you add some berries or a banana on top for a little extra bit of nutrition and flavor.
Performance French Toast
- 2 thick slices of French, Sourdough, Challah, Whole Wheat or Potato Bread.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 Banana, sliced
- Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl. Soak the bread slices in the batter, turning once so both sides are soaked through.
- Bring a lightly oiled saute pan to medium-high heat. Swirl in the butter. Add the bread slices. Turn them over when the bread is the desired shade of golden brown and cook the second side.
- Drizzle with honey, agave nectar or maple syurp