Turkey Bagel Sandwich
When Dwight and I were out on Oregon this past summer, we would swing into a bagel shop before our mountain bike rides to grab a sandwich. I fell in love with their turkey bagel with herbed cream cheese, red onion, tomato and lettuce. What made it stand out for me was the fresh tarragon they had in the cream cheese. It was a nice and refreshing surprise 🙂
Fast forward a few months and I’m making these things ALL. THE. TIME.
At some point in the future I’ll probably get tired of this bagel sandwich – maybe after using up all the turkey from Thanksgiving, but before I do, I wanted to share my current lunch addiction!
Herby Turkey Tom (Bagel Sandwich)
- 2 everything bagels
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs but must include tarragon
- 2 ounces turkey
- 2 slices of tomato
- Sliced red onion
- 2 pieces of lettuce
- Cut the bagels in half and toast.
- While they are toasting, make the herbed cream cheese and slice the red onion.
- Once the bagel are toasted, assemble - but do it this way because it cuts back on ingredients sliding out.
- Red onion, then tomato, then turkey and then lettuce. The the top of the bagel. Slice and enjoy.