I’m a big fan of real food during before, during and after you exercise. It’s healthier and less expensive than the buying all the sports bars and drinks. Here are 8 snacks that are full of protein; perfect as part of your post-workout routine.
- 1 cup has up to 25 grams of protein. Mix in some fruit and honey to further replenish your muscles.
Can of Tuna
- 1 can has as much 25 grams of protein. Throw it in a wrap with some vegetables and you have a portable recovery snack.
- 3 ounces of this lean white meat has as much as 25 grams of protein. Make a wrap like the tuna or throw it on some Triscuits.
- A 5-6 ounce serving has as much as 15-17 grams of protein. Try to purchase low-fat yogurt and add some fruit.
- 1 serving cup of beans has roughly 18-22 grams of protein. Make a 3 bean salad to snack on throughout the week.
- 1 ounce has around 70 calories and 11 grams of fat. Try some salmon jerky to add more omega-3’s to your diet.
- 1 glass comes in at around 11 grams of protein. Buy the 2% or skim milk for an even healthier drink.
Hard Boiled Egg
- 1 egg has 6 grams of protein and 100 calories. Boil a batch a few times a week and you have a portable snack.