Things are getting really busy in the house now. I’m working all the time, training 15+ hours a week, going to an awesome SEO marketing class for 9 hours a week all while trying to juggle a relationship and a social life. You know, the norm for so many of us!! Being so time constraint is really me making me smart about what I make for dinner now. When it’s 8:30 and I’m walking in the door, I can’t spend an hour cooking, I need something fast.
The other night I got home about 9pm because I could have possibly ended up on a technical trail while out on my MTB…. and it took me some time to finish it up, which meant it was going to be a late night. On my way home I swung into Whole Foods to grab some stuff to make dinner. As soon as I saw the French Trumpet mushrooms I knew it was going to be a veggie pasta dish. I decided that adding quick cooking onions, garlic, spinach, tomato and cheese, would a super fast dinner!
15 Minute Veggie Pasta
- 4 ounces spaghetti
- 6 ounces French Trumpet mushroom or portobello
- 1-5 ounce bag of spinach
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
- pinch of red chili flakes
- Bring some water to a boil.
- While the that's happening, start chopping, mincing the veggies.
- About this time is when the water should be boiling. Salt it and add in the pasta.
- Heat some olive oil and start sauteeing the mushrooms. After about 5 minutes they should be "almost" cooked all the way. This is when you add the onion and saute for a few minutes. Once it's translucent, add in the garlic and tomato. Saute for about 1 minute. Then add the spinach and toss around some. Make sure you are layering the salt in each step. Just a pinch or so.
- At this point, the pasta should be al dente. With some tongs, take the pasta out of the water and put on the veggies along with the cheese and pepper flakes. Toss around until the spinach is wilted and the cheese is incorporated.
- Season at you like and if you think it's too dry, add in some of the pasta water.
Balanced, High Fiber, Low Sodium, Vegetarian, Egg Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free, No Sugar Added